Get Ready For The 50 Shades of Gray Rip-Offs!!!!
A couple of years ago, agents were pleading for an end to plague of pitches for Eat Pray Love-style memoirs, which were immediately followed by a swarm of vampire pitches.
Now the 50 Shades of Gray extremely soft-core S&M epidemic is starting in earnest, as evidenced by this job posting seeking a ghostwriter for a combo light erotica / beginner’s guide to S&M. Note: having read all three 50 Shades of Gray novels is a requirement. That’s 150 shades of gray. (Bonus: since nobody pays for anything anymore, most of these rip-offs will likely be ghost-authored by college sophomores looking for intern credit with a publishing agency, which means next year’s racy hit will have been written by someone who was two years out from taking the English AP exam. Enjoyez-vouz!)
Freelance Author for Beginner’s Sex Guide to S&M Sex
Date: 2012-07-18, 4:09PM EDT
Reply to: [redacted] [Errors when replying to ads?]
– You will work with Callisto Media to produce a book of approximately 25,000 words.
– The book will be a combination of light erotica and a beginner’s guide to S&M sex.
– This is a ghostwriting project.
– Exceptional writing skills, with strong attention to detail, grammar, and style.
– You consistently deliver high-quality work on time, under tight deadlines.
We require that you have experience in the following:
– You are an author who has written and/or ghostwritten published nonfiction work for a well-regarded and/or major book imprint or magazine.
– You are well versed in writing on the topic of sexual instruction and erotica.
– You are familiar with the topic of S&M text, and have demonstrated experience in writing about the topic.
– You have read and are familiar with all books in the 50 Shades of Grey series.
– Authors will be compensated on a per-word basis. The project is anticipated to take roughly 2-3 weeks.
– Please submit your resume, a cover letter that describes your areas of expertise, and at least two representative writing samples to the email address shown at the top of this post. PLEASE INCLUDE THE FULL TEXT OF THE WRITING SAMPLES IN YOUR RESPONSE (PLEASE DO NOT JUST PROVIDE LINKS to your work as these will NOT be opened).
– If your resume indicates that you might be a good fit, we will send you a short writing exercise that will simulate the type of content you would be writing. We send an identical exercise to all prospective candidates, your response will not be used or published in any way, and it will take less than fifteen minutes to complete.
We look forward to reviewing your submission!